Sunday, May 06, 2012

Sunday Randomness


Hello

Today I cut the lawn. I strongly dislike cutting the lawn, but I love when it is done. Actually, do you know what I dislike even more? Weed whacking. I rarely do it. It never goes well. Something always breaks on that thing. 

Sarah is still recuperating from her trip into Children's this week. I have kept her home every day since and she's just starting to get back to her old self.

I painted her fingernails and toe nails. She liked it, which was funny because she resists anyone touching her hands, she always pulls them away. But not for the nail polish. That, apparently, was just fine.

I don't like to cook. It's too much work and too much to clean up. So, I didn't cook this weekend! I still did a lot of cleaning though. 

I am having trouble figuring out how to work Proloquo2go. It is a communication program on Sarah's IPad. I need to get it going, but have hit a roadblock, or a brain block. I want all the text to be in uppercase, but it isn't happening. Sarah reads uppercase only. Hence, the problem.

Big news!... Sarah has a friend. A little girl who is as captivated by Sarah as Sarah is by her. It goes both ways, which is awesome. She is a relative of one of Sarah's carers. I will call her T. This is the first time Sarah has shown excitement over the presence of another child and there is obvious disappointment if  T is not here. She really likes her. T is very gentle and loves to read Sarah books and do the IPad with her. T talks about Sarah all the time at home and looks forward to her next visit. We are going to set up 'playdates' for them, so they both can look forward to seeing each other. 

I miss the boys the most on Sundays, when the Red Sox are playing on TV and neither of them are here to watch it with me. Boo. Hoo. So I have switched to TCM. I do love the old black and white movies. Love them.

Well, time to get Sarah up from her nap and get dinner ready. She had a good sleep so she will probably be up till 9pm. Ahhh...the life of a teenager.







Related Posts with Thumbnails