Well, we went to the orthodontist to try to get panoramic xrays of Sarah's teeth. Lately, she doesn't have much tolerance for entering a building and then waiting. She seems to figure that if we are going to go to all the trouble of getting her IN that building, then the least we can do is walk around once we get in there. She wants a tour!
So when I pulled up the the office building, my heart sank. There were a lot of cars in the parking lot, meaning, there were lots of people waiting in the waiting room. Which means it will be crowded and the wait will be long. Uggh. I really did not want to do this. When Sarah gets mad, she yells and shakes her fist and tightens her body, thus effectively sliding herself out of the wheelchair. Not good. And then I am trying to get her waist bent back into the chair she is falling out of...it is not a pretty sight.
But in we went. I had one trick in my Vera Bradley bag (gift from Jimmy). I had some books to read to her while we waited.
The doors to this orthodontist are heavy, there is a threshold at each door and they do not open automatically. Grrrrr. So I need help getting her in. Grrr. But we made it and entered the waiting room. It was packed with patients and parents and it was completely quiet. Not a noise. Silent. Oh boy.
But my girl surprised me. She took a look around and was fascinated by the lights in the ceiling. I whipped out 'One Fish, Two Fish' by Dr. Seuss and everyone in that room was treated to the story as I read aloud to keep her entertained. Oh well, it worked.
Eventually we made it to the panoramic room and she was watching us carefully as we set up for her xrays. However, as soon as the machine started revolving around her head, she started bucking like a bronco. She yelled, shook the fist and basically told us where to go. I stopped the procedure and that was that.
No panoramics for Sarah. Next step: the oral surgeon next week to see what he thinks about pulling a permanent tooth right behind her front teeth. It's pushing the front teeth forward. Not good.
So glad that is over and I am curious to see what the oral surgeon thinks.