First of all, can you spot the cat? That is Mia. Watching me from afar.
She and Sarah are always watching me. Blue eyes follow me everywhere. Two pairs of them. When my boys are home there are an additional two pairs of eyes. But theirs are green. So then I have four green eyes and four blue ones. It rounds out nicely, don't you think?
Ok now, moving right along...Sarah had botox injections in her hamstrings almost 2 weeks ago. I almost cancelled the appointment because sometimes it helps and sometimes it doesn't seem to. But at the last moment I kept the appointment. And today there were 3 instances where I can say "I think the botox is kicking in!" which for me is very exciting!
Sarah had riding today and she did not fuss when we stretched her over the horse OR when we took her off. This tells me it is much more comfortable for her. Hooray! Secondly, well, when I take her out of the car I use her heels that stick out to push the door shut, but this time, they weren't sticking out, her legs were flat, no bends at the knees! Another hooray! And thirdly, when I placed her in her bath chair, she was sitting straight up, higher than I ever saw her, no tight hamstrings pulling her down into a slump. Woohoo!
So on to the Mytobii. It has been approved by her health insurance!!!!!!!!!! Not her primary, because apparently, they don't seem to think it is necessary for a human being to be able communicate. However, each month I pay a premium to keep her medicaid insurance and this insurance pulled through for us. I am so grateful. I will never grumble about paying those monthly premiums again-lol. So, in about a month we should have the device and I will be in training sessions. Eyegaze is what it will be all about for my girl right now.
The IPad is next, but that will be another post, one thing at a time :)
So that's the good news for our sweetie.
And the icing on the cake? Calls tonight from both my boys checking in on their mamma. They are both doing awesome, I miss them so.