Well, it was an interesting visit to the doctor's for Sarah. First of all, she threw a complete all out tantrum when we entered his office and there was no stopping her. Shaking her fist, hitching herself out of the wheelchair and shrieking at the top of her lungs. LOL. They wisked her to an examining room and I shut the door and waited for the storm to pass. After a couple of minutes she settled down, we read a book and then in came the nurse to 'take her temmperature', Well...one look at her and Sarah started the drama all over again. The nurse literally turned around and hurried out of the room, shutting the door behind her. LOL. This child was not having any of this today.
So a few minutes later in comes the doc. Surprisingly, Sarah allowed the intrusion and listened to our conversation. Which went on for quite a while as this doc loves to chat about all sorts of things :) and Sarah loves to listen.
A couple of things came up:
- the antihistamine I was giving her for her cold could have been the reason her appetite has increased while sick.
- he wasn't too concerned about her weight, he thought she looked good.
- he was concerned about her 'irritability' LOL. I reassured him that she is just angry to be at the doctor's and that day-to-day she is quite pleasant and happy, not irritable at all.(yeah right, he is thinking)
- this led to the 'brain MRI' discussion that I have with various docs over the years. Everyone is curious as to the structure of her brain, except for me. But as usual, it was decided to wait as any sedation causes an ileus and I certainly don't want to go there, unless I absolutely have to.
-Amoxicillin prescription for sinus infection.
-Ear drops
Once the exam began there was lots of screaming which did not stop until I got her into the car and shut the door. Good lord. What a racket she made. As soon as we hit the open road she was all smiles, singing and giggling. Grrrr.
Fun, fun (she says sarcastically)