Sunday, January 11, 2009

Slow Sunday

Today was a day of recuperation. Our first day in the new house without John. He has headed back to college and I won't see him until March :( Last night it snowed and it was too slippery for me to carry Sarah out of the house. So Sarah and I were stuck in. But it turned out for the best. We hung around. It was very quiet. I gave Sarah a bath and hairwash, snuggled her up in warm pjs, and lit a fire. She watched some music dvds. We had homemade pizza for dinner. She is happy, smiley, giggly, pink. She is now in bed, singing to herself and it warms my tired heart. Its been a long month full of highs and lows. Today was nice. A needed pause. A moment to just stop and enjoy. And my girl is just the ticket.
Related Posts with Thumbnails