This looks like such a simple statement, but it is not. Just the preparations alone to get out the door took a full week. Because of Sarah.
I didn't really feel like I was going anywhere until I was actually in the seat of the plane and we were taking off. You know... that moment when the plane is barreling down the runway and your back is forced against your seat? That is when it all began, for me.
And what a weekend it was. I met Jimmy's friends, his boss, and fellow employees. I watched him coach his baseball team, we ate in a a multitude of restaurants and I got a glimpse of his soon-to-be, new living quarters.
I experienced how he drives (fast... like his mama), how he eats (not much..like his mama) and what he likes to talk about. I heard about future plans and dreams . It was very enlightening. In a lot of ways, as he gets older, I see more and more of myself in him. I didn't expect that. I find it intriguing. He is still changing.
He has a very busy daily life. He does a lot of driving from place to place. He is a hard worker, is full of energy and has wonderful friends. He loves his job, loves coaching and is excited for his upcoming move.
It is everything that I had hoped for him when he was so small. I always, always knew he had very large wings to unfold and that he would live his life large and enthusiastically, given the chance. And he is getting that chance. I am so thankful.
And Sarah? How did she fare with my being gone all weekend? Just fine, thanks to a wonderful caretaker!
Here are a few pictures from DC:
My sister Ali
I love lions
















