So other than occasional antihistamine and skin moisturizer, I am ignoring it and we are going on about our days. I can say it was very stressful not knowing what the heck was going on and trying all sorts of things to get to the source. Very weird.
Today was in the 70s here in Massachusetts. It was a glorious day for theraputic riding and then a meal at the local seafood place. She had haddock, scallops and french fries-followed by rootbeer. Then home for a bath, hair wash and bed. A nice, full day for Sarah.
We have an interesting development in the TV department. Sarah started out as a very little girl only interested in watching 3 or 4 DVDs. She watched them over and over and over and over. They were Kidsongs DVDs. She never was interested in anything on TV. Only gradually over the years could I add a new music DVD. And even then she would only watch a bit of it before tuning it out. Maybe a few months later she would increase the minutes of the new DVD until finally she would watch the whole thing. It took a loooong time to add new DVDs to her collection, as you can imagine. She needed repetition, repetition.
Well, within the past 6 months, I have noticed that a couple of things are of interest to her on TV. New things THAT SHE HAS NEVER SEEN BEFORE. The first one is Teen Mom. She loves that show. She really enjoys listening to the girls talk about their troubles, and if you listen to the show, there is music often playing in the background. So we watch that and sometimes I tape an episode for her to watch later. The second new thing she is interested in is Nick Jr. I can get her up, plop her in front of the TV with that station on and she will watch whatever is on while I make her breakfast. This is huge! Everything on that station is new to her and she likes it! I pretty much cannot believe it. She had come such a long way and I am so happy for her. This development opens up a whole new world.
The end.