Wednesday, October 05, 2011

Rolling along, we are

Sarah is adjusting to her new room. I still haven't gotten to drawers and  closets, but it looks good on the outside. Also, I have to get cable set up in John's new digs. My room feels overly large and empty without my sidekick in there with me. I'll get used to it, if it remains permanent.

Exciting news. I received my first letter from one of my Compassion Kids! Luisa, from Colombia. I was surprised it came so soon. She wrote in spanish and Compassion translated it for me on her paper. She tells me her mom's name is Elizabeth and here dad's is Elkin. She has a brother named Juan Andres. She listed all her friends and their ages. Her favorite food is red beans. She is hoping we will be good friends for a long time (awww). She sends a kiss my way. She has a few questions for me. She drew a picture of herself with me, standing in the grass with sun and clouds. She sent a Psalm.

How sweet is that?

And so this new journey begins. My journey with far-away children. I need to send them all Christmas packets in the next week or so. That way, they will be received in time for the holiday. Also, Eros John from the Philippines, turns 11 on December 24th, so that's on my mind too.

I know I am 'officially' doing the giving, but in reality, I find that I am receiving.
Related Posts with Thumbnails