Thursday, September 29, 2011

Chaos ensues

Things are a changing here in the house. People are moving, beds are shifting and vacumes are a running. Kitty is upset, Sarah is perturbed and I am exhausted. And to top it all off, my dryer decided to break yesterday.  Does it sound fun to you? I can attest that it is all much more than merely annoying. Are you wondering what started this lovely chain of events?

A spider. Some sort of hungry fella that has decided to take up residence in mine and Sarah's room and bite us while we slumber. I can live with a few welts here and there but Sarah cannot. She cannot tell me she was bitten. She is unable to scratch an itch. She is just miserable. And let me tell you, these bites itch. Like crazy. Yesterday I found one behind her ear and that was the final straw.

So...I moved her out of our room. And into John's. I had to get her out of there. Moving Sarah is an undertaking because there are certain bedding materials that must go with her. And a long side rail that must attatch, very unwillingly I might add, to another bed. And her white noise machine. And her video monitor that must be installed on one of the walls.....it took all afternoon to move her stuff.
So let's just say that Sarah was REALLY mad when I laid her down in that strange room for the night. She took one glance around and pitched a fit. She was not having it. At all. But I had no choice. I had to tear  our room apart...by turning over mattresses and box springs, vacuming, mopping and washing endless blankets and sheets and comforters and anything else that could harbor that critter and any of his possible friends.

So I cleaned and she stayed awake until one a.m. pondering the state of her affairs. Finally, she drifted off and I plopped myself on my bed with some strange blanket and pillow I had never used before because all my bedding was in the dryer, soaking wet because the dryer wouldn't heat. Bummer.

This morning, Sarah woke up on a strange mattress, in a blue room with no mama nearby. She started whining immediately, which translated into--get me out of here, i don't like bright red curtains and whose idea was this, anyway???
But I have a thought now. One that she is not going to like, or John either, for that matter. But it must be done. I think.

Sarah is going to have a new bed in the next couple of months, once her insurance gets it's act together. I am very sure it is not going to fit in my room. It is big. Which means it is going to have to go somewhere else, or I am going to have to go somewhere else. Something is gonna have to give. So I am thinking that I will keep Sarah right where she is now for a trial period and see how I like it and how she adjusts. To see if I can hear her when she gets stuck sideways across the bed or in a corner. To see if I can still keep her safe from a distance. Because when the new bed arrives I am NOT going to be able to move it from wherever I have the guys set it up. So I need to know where it is going. Beforehand. And 'beforehand' is apparently now.

And Johnny? Where is he going to go? As part of his work schedule, he will be here, with us, for a couple of months starting in November.(Can I just take a moment here to say Hip Hip Hooray!!!!) And Sarah will probably be in his room. Maybe not. But probably. I don't think he is going to want to bunk in with her-lol.

Fortunately, there is one more bedoom available. It is small but doable. Especially when I clean out the closet and get his stuff all moved in. I have a month to get this all sorted out. And my dryer replaced or fixed. And that spider gone for good. It's an all-up-in-the-air kind of a give-it-a-shot-and-see sort of thing.

We could all go back to the way it was, you never know.
Related Posts with Thumbnails