So the tree went up. We have lights and garland and beads. The ornaments are next.
Between picking up prescriptions I spotted Santa.
Can I just share this interesting fact? Santa had long hair. Yes, long white hair. Like, as long as Sarah's. Past his shoulders. Surprisingly, it looked OK. I just thought it was curious. I love watching the children visiting Santa. Some are eager and some are crying. I remember those days.
Oh, here is another interesting thing...while waiting in line to see Santa, the children were able to watch a video that was set up on a tv, right next to the line. Is this what our next generation is coming to? They can't even be expected to wait in line without some type of entertainment on a screen? Wow.
...In MY day we waited in line for HOURS with HEAVY coats on and NOTHING TO DO!!!!! How did we ever survive?
Ha!
I am picking John up Wednesday morning at the Amtrak Station and Jimmy is flying in 'sometime'. That's Jimmy. Last minute Sam. He is enjoying a few days in New Orleans before flying up here to Boston. I hope he takes lots of pictures!
And now for some exciting news...it is snowing! The first of the season, maybe we'll have a white Christmas afterall.
And also, John is turning 22 the day after Christmas! Christmas and John are always intertwined. His due date was Christmas Day, we left for the hospital Christmas eve after I had put Jimmy's presents under the tree. Jimmy was 3 and my mom and brother stayed with him. But because John was such a big baby, it took me an extra loooong 2 hours to bring him into this world, so he was born at roughly 2 am on the 26th. He was on time, but I sure wasn't! So Christmas is always about John too.
And from the song 'O Holy Night', there are the words .....♪Oh, hear the angel voices♪...These are my favorite from any song i've ever heard, because it reminds me to be still and listen. Because that is when you hear, the angel voices.