I noticed that after a couple of days I could leave the doors open as Sarah was becoming accustomed to the sounds of the boys and visitors. I could see her listening for them and she seemed to enjoy it, as long as I narrated for her what they were doing.
This arrangement was great for all concerned. The boys could be 'boys', visitors could come and go, ESPN could be on 24-7 and it gave me the time to enjoy the holiday and the family.
This is my brother admiring the christmas cookies :)
John and Jimmy...the best Christmas present I could ever have. They refuel me. They keep me from drowning in the world of Sarah's needs. I am so proud of each of them. They are wonderful with their 'mama'. I've been a little needy lately and they rise to the occasion, bringing me right back into the light-hearted land of fun. Each year pulls them farther and farther from home, but when they do come home...The joy! The joy! The joy! And I once again become more myself.
Our Christmas Eve dinner!
Jimmy and I in masks from New Orleans
John was all about our traditional "Sand tarts"
Sarah relaxing away from the hubub.
Christmas morning!