Wednesday, December 01, 2010

Taking a breath



Today was windy and rainy. A perfect day to stay in pjs, watch Christmas movies, do laundry and snack on all the goodies left over from the Thanksgiving week. I cancelled her riding lesson, the wind howled and the sheets of rain washed our windows and the car.




I tried out new YouTube videos with Sarah, we picked our favorites and saved them to revisit later.
I spoke to John, who is back at school, sporting a new knee brace. He has a followup appointment with the orthopedic surgeon right after Christmas. More will be decided then. For now, he is on to final exams and trying to secure an internship for next semester.





And we are refueling here at home. Sarah is back to her rosy self, snuggled up in thick winter pajamas in front of a lazy fire. She is happy. It was grilled cheese and tomato soup for supper, I replayed the Rockefeller Christmas Tree Lighting Special, that was on last night, for her. She loves the singing.



And this is an action shot of our happy, happy girl. I love her happiness. It's contagious.





And now she sleeps.
Related Posts with Thumbnails