Anyway, it went really well. I have pulled Sarah out of OT, which they were fine with. And her theraputic riding will continue, which they were also fine with. She remains on a homebound program, with my teaching her, with guidance from a teacher.
Mainly, this year coming year will focus on the Mytobii-using it for communication, academics and fun-time. I want her to practice reading paragraphs and then I want to quiz her on her comprehension. I hope to teach her to work through levels on the tobii, that I program. I want her to be able to tell us to quiet down using the tobii.
Oh, there are so many things....that I want for her....but we shall see what Sarah wants and what she is willing to work for. Because that's what it's all about. Her motivation. Her drive.
The sky's the limit, but if she only wants to go as high as tulip tips then I must be content with that. And I will be, because I will know I have offered her the world, just as I have all my children.
What they do with it is entirely up to them. She is no different in this regard. Ultimately, their lives belong only to them. And I am very respectful of that.
So we shall see.