Friday, March 05, 2010

Jimmy's surprise

This morning there was a knock on the door. It was the FedEx guy with a large box. He brought it into the kitchen for me. And I knew this was what my son Jimmy had sent. I had no idea what it would be.




So very exciting!!

So I got out the box opening utensils.

And pried open the top.




And there it was. Wrapped under the plastic.

A thing of beauty.

Blue, shiny and new.

I couldn't believe it.

Can you guess?





A new wheelchair!

Hooray!!!!!!!!!!

I have been saving for quite a while for another wheelchair for Sarah. She has a heavy-duty one that I don't use much when we are out and about because it is so heavy for me to lift. So for daily use I have had a lighter weight one that folds and fits in my trunk. I use this one practically every day. It has needed to be replaced for months. I purchased it 5 years ago and it has served us well, but has developed some broken parts that makes it unsafe. So I have been saving a little bit each month, determined to get her a new one for the spring.

And there goes Jimmy, surprising me with such a glorious gift.

A wonderful, thoughtful, generous, gift. For both of us.

And how did we celebrate?

We took it out to lunch at Friendlys!

After calling Jimmy of course :)

Related Posts with Thumbnails