Thursday, January 21, 2010

Trip into Boston

Today we headed into Boston for Sarah's Botox injections at Spaulding Hospital. The best thing was that her appointment was at 1pm so I didn't have to yank her(and me!) out of bed in the morning.
It was a beautiful, very bright mid-winter day. And we had zero traffic heading in or out of the city. Mind you, I must get in quickly and get right out, because I am not a city girl. All the cars, trucks, people...not for me. My mom loved the city. She loved living in the city, shopping in the city, visiting the city. Go figure.
Anyway, it was a great day for a road trip, in spite of the destination. So in we went.
We met with Dr. N. and two medical students. I heard Dr. N. briefing them before she sent them into our waiting room. She told them about Sarah, her medical history, her unusual educational set-up, and why we were there. So the two young women came in, introduced themselves and we proceeded to chat about Sarah. They had plenty of questions. Well, Sarah was NOT happy about this! And she let us know, sending out a few loud protests our way. She really doesn't like it when you talk about her in front of her. I don't blame her, but some things just have to be done. I suppose I could stick her out in the hall next time. And, now that I think about it, I just might.
Then Dr. N. came in to give the injections. Sarah gets usually 8-10 in her hamstrings. More in her left as that's the tightest one. I hate that hamstring. I would remove it entirely if I could.
I heard Dr. N. say to the students, "Each of you take a foot and hold on tight, She's strong, She not some little thing, Don't let her fool you." LOL. A numbing spray went on first and before Sarah knew it, it was all done. She didn't make a peep. Didn't move a muscle. Not a one. Good as gold. We went for lunch afterwards in the hospital cafeteria and she ate really well.
So now we are home and in a couple of weeks I should see some loosening of her legs. I hope so.

Here are a few photos :)

Here's the view driving in.

Ok.........It's a view of 'My dream Car' driving in :)




Here's the real view. From my car.



This is Sarah after the injections, thinking about what the heck just happened.


Here's a view of a boston bridge from the parking lot.


On the way home I took a picture of a decorated tank along the highway. It has been there since I can remember, way back when I was three years old. Can you see the profile of the asian man with the beard?


Related Posts with Thumbnails