The music is Playstation. Sounds of video games coming from the room down at the end of the hall. John's room. That room has been silent for 2 months. Silent and dark. Empty. Everytime I walked by that room I would divert my eyes so as not to look in and feel the emptiness. Of no John. Sniff.
But tonight it is all lit up! Two lights on! The TV is on. Playstation battles are waging. Mia is curled up next to the TV staring lovingly at her most favorite person in this world. Her John. Every once in a while I wander down the hall, plop myself on his bed and chat with him. And then I get up and do some mundane thing that needs to be done in the house and eventually meander back to his room. And chat some more. It's kinda like christmas, when you can't believe you got such a great gift. And you have to keep going back to look at it. To be sure it's real.
John will be home for a week. It's his spring break. We are all so happy to have him home. I think I'll go hang out in his room for just a little bit more :)