Tuesday, December 16, 2008

Busy, busy, busy

After a long tumultuous few weeks, the news is that we are moving. Right at the holidays. A good, sappy Hallmark movie could be made with the plot of this story but, really, who has the time? We are all pitching in and I am hoping it will go smoothly.
We are staying in the same town. But it is an upheaval, especially for Sarah. Her security is very dependent on her surroundings and I am not able to explain to her what's happening in a way that she can understand. My girl. Between the increased activity of Christmas and now the move, she is going to be overdone. And there is nothing I can do to stop it. It is what it is.
The bright spot is the new house is larger and in a very pretty neighborhood. Lots of little streets to walk her along. I do, really, like the house. It is perfect for us. In the end it will all be fine. It's just that the timing is tough. For me, for her.
So the packing begins. And will continue for a couple of weeks. And then we move. I am praying there is not a blizzard on moving day :)
Related Posts with Thumbnails