Monday, January 14, 2008

Celine

Sarah loves Celine Dion. I mean really LOVES Celine. REALLY. It is quite something to watch her reaction when she hears Celine singing. For the past couple of years I have purchased Celine's CDs and Sarah has listened to them while we were driving in the car. Her eyes open wide at the first note Celine sings. As the song gears up she squeals and laughs and generally carries on. Her whole body tightens with excitement, legs sticking straight out in front of her.

Well, this Christmas Celine came out with her first DVD. Her show in Vegas. Well....I purchased it for Christmas and we waited to see Sarah's expression when I put the DVD in Christmas morning. She had never SEEN Celine nor had she ever heard Celine speak. Well....it was an experience for her to say the least. And us. She was silent and still with the first few notes-staring wide-eyed at the large screen in front of her. And then she understood. She was seeing Celine. A loud high shreak was followed by giggles and a variety of other 'Sarah sounds'. Then she was silent. She looked around the room to find me...she wanted me to say "Are you watching Celine?" She found me with her eyes and I uttered the question she was looking for. Her way of answering me was to shreak and laugh all over again. She turned back to Celine on the screen again for a minute or two and then slowly turned her head searching to make eye contact with me again. She did and I repeated the question she so clearly wanted. And she laughed again. This went on for a full hour. On and on.

It was the perfect gift for Sarah. Jimmy suggests I take her to a Celine concert thru Make-a-Wish, with the limo and back-stage meeting. At this point it would be too much noise for her but maybe someday a private little song just for Sarah from Celine.....


This is a little clip taken sometime over the holidays of Sarah and Celine :)

Related Posts with Thumbnails