We are doing well. In the lull before the storm, so to speak. A busy spring/summer is ahead so I will use this quiet time to get organized. In my head, anyway...
Sarah. My soft place to land. Pure joy and sweetness. Innocence and love. My dessert. I must have done something wonderful in a previous life to be given Sarah in this one. I feel honored and chosen. It is interesting that science can find no "reason" for Sarah's uniqueness. She has no diagnosis, no apparent prenatal or genetic distinctions. Textbook pregnancy. Simple delivery. Beautiful newborn with the most gorgeous hair. Wonderful and happy personality. And yet here she is in her full glory. I am blessed. Apparently, the scientific community is not to be privy to her secret. And as such, the focus is meant to be on her being, her present, her future...not her past. Not on the 'why' but on the 'who'. We are not to be distracted with a diagnosis/cause. That is clearly unimportant. That is a waste of time as far as Sarah is concerned. What is important is that she is here. She loves, she learns, she delights, she teaches, she grows in all ways. And we, her family, are the lucky recipients.