.jpg)
I miss my son. It feels like he is entirely gone. Summer is here.
All his friends are home. He is not. I know he is doing great
things down there is D.C. Big drops of gloom are falling on
my summer season. He should be at the beach, he should be
surfing, he should be playing golf, he should be kissing his sister,
he should be taking my car keys on his way out the door, he
should be leaving his laundry all over the house and crumbs
all over the kitchen, he should be answering the never-ending
ringing of his phone, his computer should be on our kitchen
table, his friends should be hanging out here on our couches,
he should be sleeping in our familyroom when I come down-
stairs in the mornings, his wallet and baseball cap should have
taken up residence by the front door---------i should hear him
calling to me as he runs out the door "I'll give you a call" and
I should be able to say "OK honey, drive safe".
Boohoo.
All his friends are home. He is not. I know he is doing great
things down there is D.C. Big drops of gloom are falling on
my summer season. He should be at the beach, he should be
surfing, he should be playing golf, he should be kissing his sister,
he should be taking my car keys on his way out the door, he
should be leaving his laundry all over the house and crumbs
all over the kitchen, he should be answering the never-ending
ringing of his phone, his computer should be on our kitchen
table, his friends should be hanging out here on our couches,
he should be sleeping in our familyroom when I come down-
stairs in the mornings, his wallet and baseball cap should have
taken up residence by the front door---------i should hear him
calling to me as he runs out the door "I'll give you a call" and
I should be able to say "OK honey, drive safe".
Boohoo.