Saturday, August 12, 2023

 Dad died. 


Such a powerful statement. Yes he was old, yes it was expected. But dad died. Gone forever. I guess I'm next in the line-up. Things like this cultivate lots of reflection. Life and death. What we are even doing here? Is there a point? Time is fleeting and you can't take any of it with you when you leave. You go alone. Who made up this 'life' thing anyway? 

I'm sure I will wallow in these feelings for a while. It is familiar because it was the same with mom. Except it was worse with her because she was my Mom. Anyway, I will get used to the idea and get caught back up in my kids and grandkids lives and this will go to the back shelf for a while. But maybe not so far back because I am getting older now. Much of my life is behind me rather that in front of me. 

I pray to God that mom, dad, grammy and Scott are all up there and will lead the way when I get there. It's my only solace about the whole thing.

Don't even get me started on Sarah. That's another blog post.

Related Posts with Thumbnails