Thursday, February 27, 2020

She's Different

A little bit of rambling is coming your way with this post because I am in a jumble.

I'm trying to adjust to what's new. She is not the same. How so? Well for one thing she was in bed at 9:20 tonight. She didn't nap today or yesterday, just lying there, kind of in and out of drowsiness. Usually, even without napping she would be up till 11 or so. But twice this week, around 8:30, she starts laughing until she's crying so the past 2 nights I have put her into bed early to head off the sobbing. It seems to be what she needs but I'm not used to the quiet evenings by myself. It feels weird and empty. All is not right with my world.
Also, I cannot get used to the stillness with which she sleeps. Yes, she takes clonazepam for sleep, but never has she slept so still. Barely moves a muscle the entire night. It feels so odd.
So many changes in such a short period of time. Right now it seems that every couple of days there is something new, different. It's really hard to keep up.
She's basically happy though, so I will focus on that. Lots of people are living in this world and they are not happy. She is, and I am grateful for it. But, I am losing my grip on her, she is starting to slip through my fingers. I can feel it. I wish she'd plateau for a while so I can have time to adjust, not sure that's going to happen though.  ::sigh::


Related Posts with Thumbnails