Monday, September 19, 2011

Sarah Lou :)

Sarah is doing well. She is stable in all ways. I just recently took her to her GI specialist at Children's Hospital. Her weight is awesome-topping out at 73.5 pounds, thanks to vanilla pudding desserts! At this point, she is at a good place with her weight and I really don't want to add any more pounds, she looks good. Yay for that!
Sarah has a new wheelchair. It is the Convaid Scout. It is rugged and foldable, fitting in the trunk. It's a bit of a heavy lift, but doable.

I did get her the clear tray as an accessory and I wanted her to have the more solid, cushy, comfy seat, so we have that also. She looks great in it. I'm not sure if I will use it in the house as well as 'out and about', still thinking on that. I picked the green, which I am really happy with.

Sarah needs a specialized bed. She finally fell out of the one she has been in (twin with xtra long railing). She was leaning on the railing, it popped open and down she went. She was fine but obviously she is no longer safe. This is the bed I want for her, a Sleep Safe Bed:


Ideally, insurance would cover this bed. Not sure how this is going to go. The script for the doctor specifies a full size bed, not a twin. This is because when she rolls she bangs her knees on the wall or railing and gets little bruises on her knees-the twin is just too narrow for her. Insurance only wants to cover a twin size. So this is still pending. Also, I have reauested a white finish instead of wood- i haven't heard that that will be an issue, but you never know.

Sarah seems very happy-I get her out for her weekly riding lessons and for shorter trips on some of the afternoons that I am not working. She likes the low-key life. We are going to head to Provincetown in the next couple of weeks for good food, good sights and good photo opportunities.

Mia, our kitty, has attatched herself to Sarah. Either she is at the foot of Sarah's bed or under Sarah's rocking chair. I think she has figured out that wherever Sarah is, there are blankets and it is warm! Smart kitty.

As always, Sarah's music of choice is Celine. But, she occasionally discovers another artist that floats her boat for a while. That would be Shania Twain right now. Fine with me:) Sarah has also discovered the television show Teen Mom. She loves listening to the girls discuss their issues. It's really quite funny to watch her, watching the girls.

So all is well with our girlie. I am grateful. And on we go.
Related Posts with Thumbnails