And her hips and spine look good. Yay! I don't let him bend and stretch her because she finds it too painful, with all her dystonia. So he generally doesn't have much to do but look at xrays of her lovely bones. And stare at her in her wheelchair. And speak about her to the hovering residents, interns and medical students. I know he is always itching to get his hands on her to feel how her muscles respond, but he bows graciously to my wishes. And for this, I am grateful.
But today...today I gave him a gift! I gave him an issue. Something he could sink his teeth into and put his hands on. Oh, I could tell he was pleased.
Her left foot.
When in her stander her toes curl under, she lifts the front of her foot up and basically just weightbears on her heel. That poor heel. I know it is uncomfortable because it is bright red after being in the stander. So I presented it to the eager doc? What to do doctor? Help her. Please.
That's all he needed, he was off. Into the land of hands-on foot manipulation, rotation and pressure. Into the land of a medical discussion. The land of teaching the upcoming docs how to handle a curled up foot. Into the land of botox suggestions and a foot brace recommendation. He was so in his element.
I was happy for him and happy for Sarah. Happy that her doctor is so eager to help her, to make a difference in her life. And so happy to finally give him something he can fix for Sarah.
Afterall, it's been 8 years.