Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Spring



And so it is the very beginning of spring here in Massachusetts. Never mind that we are getting 3 inches of snow tomorrow night....I am focusing on the warm sunshine. And so are the crocuses. And Mia. And the birds apparently, because Mia spends hours watching them out the windows. I put Sarah's Trip-Trap chair by one of the doors for her to perch on. She is a happy kitty.






Speaking of kitty, the vet and I are trying a new intervention to try and settle her down a bit, temper her anxiety, give her a better quality of life. It's called M.E.D.I.C.A.T.I.O.N. It's a last resort, but I do see some positive changes. She is more relaxed and less frantic. She is calm. But there is one development that is very curious:

A little background here for you. Mia has always avoided Sarah. Like the plague. She gives Sarah a wide berth, rarely acknowledges her and will not rub up against her feet. If I put her on Sarah's bed for any reason, whether Sarah is actually in it or not, she jumps off and runs out of the room. It has been this way for 5 years. Five YEARS.

After only 3 days on the medication I walked into Sarah's room and see this shocking sight:




This has NEVER happened. Ever. And she stayed there for hours. She has done the same thing frequently over the last week. Sleeping contentedly on Sarah's bed. It is amazing. And I really have no idea why her feeling more relaxed would land her there.

Interesting.

Related Posts with Thumbnails