Tuesday, June 08, 2010

Chuck

We have a new friend. His name is Chuck, according to John. Is he a woodchuck? I don't know. He's kinda like us--lots of hair, big teeth and excellent hearing. We enjoy him. Our cat ignores him. He hangs out near our deck and listens intently to what is going on inside. He loves to eat the tops of our dandelions, looking ever so much like he is popping bonbons into his mouth with his tiny fingers. Lucky for him, we have plenty of dandelions. Today, he let me come to the screen door and take his picture.




He turned and gave me his best side. He is very accomodating.



Today Sarah had riding. It was crazy weather. Bright sunny breezes and then heavy thunderstorms all day long. I drove to the stables with trepidation. It's a long highway drive and one of the things I try not to combine is a highway and a rainstorm. I sort of panic. It's not my thing. But, I decided to bite the bullet and hit the road. Afterall, the girl needs to ride! We lucked out and seemed to dodge those dark clouds.



And so she rode. It was beautiful and cool while we were there. She really enjoyed it. We walked through the woods on a trail, I think it was the highlight for her!





And then I drove home, as fast as possible without getting a ticket because this was coming:

Related Posts with Thumbnails