Thursday, May 06, 2010

Yay for kids!

Just a quick post to share a moment.

I was food shopping with Sarah. I push her and pull the cart behind me. We were strolling through the book section. Approaching us from up ahead was a little girl of about 5 years old and her dad. As they walked by us I heard her say "Dad, is that a real kid?" Her dad replied, quietly, "Yes".

And I burst out laughing.

He knew that I had heard her and he was a bit embarrassed, I think, but became even more flustered when he heard me chortling behind him. He turned to look at me and I said to him, "Out of the mouths of children!" and chuckled some more.

He relaxed and had a little laugh as well. And we moved on.

And so I say, Aren't kids the greatest? So curious and honest.

Many adults could learn a few things from their simplicity.

They just want to KNOW.

There's nothing wrong with that in my book.

Oh and here's a picture of a flowering tree in my neighborhood, just because... Isn't it beautiful?


Related Posts with Thumbnails