Thursday, May 27, 2010

So here we are

I hurt my back lifting Sarah. Owwww. Of course I should have known this was coming. I mean, how many times can you lift almost 70 pounds dead weight and not hurt yourself? On average I lift her 8 times a day. And up until this point it's been fine. Almost 14 years of fine to get here. But now my self is rebelling. Advil and a heating pad are now my companions and it really hurts.
So I will head to work this afternoon and see how that goes. Being that I am a Nurse I don't get much chance to sit, in fact not ever, until the end of my shift, to do paperwork, it is busy, busy, busy. So this ought to be interesting. I definately won't be able to help any of the CNAs lift/move patients, so I feel badly about that.

So, for the short term, thank goodness John is home to do all the lifting. Yay John! But in 2 weeks he starts his fulltime summer job and won't be home much during the day. And then what to do? Well, there is the option of a hoyer lift, but my home is too small to accomodate one, ie hallways and bedroom. I wouldn't be able to move it from one place to another. There are ceiling lifts but I do not own my own home so I cannot install something like that. Although, that would be so awesome! But it's not an option.
And then there's the issue of the car. I am not able to obtain an accessible van so she is a lift in and out of the car. Which I cannot do at the moment so I had to cancel her school tomorrow. Will I have to cancel her riding next week?

And so there it is. Or should I say, here it is.

Ow.
Related Posts with Thumbnails