Sarah has reached 70 pounds, folks. Yes, seventy... seven--zero. A full healthy 70 pounds.It has taken months to get here. Five months, in fact. A long stressful slew of time.
For those who aren't up to speed with this issue, here are the facts:
Sarah weighed 71.5 pounds last October. She mysteriously lost weight and ended up at 67.5 pounds in January. She looked too thin. I was a wreck. So began my quest to find the culprit. I added calories. It stopped the downward spiral but I couldn't regain the pounds. I'd get one or two pounds back, only to lose them again. Very frustrating. At one point she went down to 67 pounds.
My goal was just to get her to 70 pounds. If I could get her there I would know we were making progress and I could relax. Well, almost a month ago I decided to put her on Prilosec. I remembered that when she was very young we had tested her for reflux and it came back as mild reflux. No one really paid any attention to it then, but I wondered if it was in any way a contributer to the appetite loss I was seeing now. So, since I had an appointment with her GI doc coming up I decided to do a 'trial' on the med and see what happened. Then I could report the results to him. Well, I saw nothing for 3 weeks. No change. But then something suddenly felt different. She seemed different. She seemed more relaxed. She started eating a bit more at each meal. Just a tiny bit, but it was something.
And now I see it on the scale. Seventy pounds. She may continue to go up and down a bit, but the up is moving up. And I am happy.