Monday, April 26, 2010

She's up and feelin' fine

All is well in Sarah land. I stopped the sinemet because I didn't see any positive changes with her dystonia after one month. I stopped the calcium/magnesium experiment because I didn't see any improvement in her constipation, so she is back to the Miralax twice a day. She had a small open area on her sacrum which is all healed up. She is doing good. She is happy and smiling almost all the time.

So what's next? Well, her weight is holding steady at 69.5 lbs and I am determined to get a couple more pounds on her and research the reason for her lagging appetite. I have started her on half-and-half, instead of milk. Yup. Glasses of the thick creamy stuff instead of milk. She's drinking it willingly so we shall see. Also, I have started her on prilosec for reflux. She was tested for reflux when she was 3 and it showed mild reflux. I am wondering if that could be the problem. So, as she sees the GI doctor in a month, I am giving her a trial of the prilosec until then so I can tell the doctor if it has made any difference. Fingers crossed.

And, since no post is any fun without a picture, here you go :

Related Posts with Thumbnails