It was so nice to do something with Sarah that did not involve a doctor appointment! And the sun was shiny warm. So she rode outside, not in the ring. It was awesome to just mosey along, listen to the birds and the clip clop of Casey's hooves. After a while Sarah joined in with her own little song.
Somewhere towards the end of the lesson Casey got wind of the cashews in my pocket. They were there for me, in case I suddenly became famished and just could not make it back to the stables. You must know how taxing it is to walk alongside a lumbering equestrian! One must be prepared for a sudden dip in blood sugar. Ha!
So how did I know he had discovered my secret? Because suddenly he swung his head around to my jacket, his nostrils as big as he could stretch them and gave me a bump. Not a big bump, but more of a nose nuzzle, as if to say, "give 'em up mamma, I know they're there". LOL.
So after Sarah had been returned to her wheelchair, I put the rest of my precious snack in a bucket, plopped it on Sarah's lap and let him have a go at them.
And then I took Sarah out to lunch and let her have a go at some french fries!
It was a good day.