Saturday, January 02, 2010

Here we go!

A New Year!

And what do I wish it would hold for Sarah?

The first thing that comes to mind is that she will have a pain-free year, that her dystonia will be managaeable, that she will not continue to tighten. I think that is my biggest hope. To maintain what little flexibility she does have and for her to remain comfortable in her own skin.

Secondly is the area of her communication. Don't get me wrong, we do OK. But I am hoping she gets a device this year that she can use and that we DO use and that consequently, I hear more from Sarah. What a blessing that would be.

And the third is about her back. I am praying that her kyphosis/mild scoliosis holds steady with no further progression. The last thing Sarah needs is a surgery. She goes down like a stack of dominoes, all sytems unraveling. And then I unravel.

If Sarah has a good year, I will have a good year.

This I know for sure.



PS It would be nice to get her into orthodontics this year, but she needs to get one big tooth pulled out first...
Related Posts with Thumbnails