So, it has been quite a week! First of all, John was home, so that was great. He would not let me take any pictures of him, so this was the best I could do. He is in the process of covering his face:) He took it easy, did a little studying and helped me with Sarah. I got him a new retainer and a haircut. We did address changes for his license and checks. We did lots of takeout! Mia followed him everywhere. She is now exhausted and sleeping the days away.
Next, we have a squirrel in the attic! Yuk. It comes in early morning thru the attic vent on the side of the house. It is noisy. So... that is being taken care of in the next few days. Ewwww. It hangs out right over my bedroom in the corner ceiling. It is very busy. Right now it is late afternoon, so it is out running around, but it will be back.

And finally, Miss Sarah. She is much happier staying home for now. No tantrums. No fits :) I even took her to OT the other day and not a peep out of her. Good as gold.
So I think we are on the right path.
And I must mention the Theratrek. It is a gait trainer, kind of a seat with wheels. Only you don't actually sit ON the seat, more that you lean against it and stand on your feet. And when you take steps it rolls in that direction. Anyhoo, I finally found one for Sarah through Craig's List. It is being shipped cross-country this week. It is the only type of gait trainer that works for Sarah. The others provide too much support for her, so she flops all over them and looks terrible. This one makes her hold most of herself up by herself--from the hips up she has nothing to lean on. They don't make the theratrek anymore so I had to find a used one that someone was willing to sell.
She used one a few years ago in therapy and it was great. Until now, I haven't been able to find one just for her. I am praying she will still be strong enough to use it.