Monday, November 17, 2008

Sarah's Angels


Hanging over Sarah's bed is a trio of "Angels". My sons have corrected me by saying they are doves but I see them as angels.
When I was expecting Sarah all those years ago, I was shopping in a little Christmas store and there in a clear bag, tossed in the 'clearance box', was a blue cloud. I picked it up, turned it over and saw the 3 angels attatched to the cloud. I loved it and wanted it to hang over my baby's crib.
So, the day the crib was assembled, the angels were placed overhead. There was no need for a typical baby mobile. And everytime Sarah was placed in the crib either myself or Jimmy or John would spin the angels for her to see. Sarah soon learned to anticipate their movement and would excitedly look up each time she was put in her crib.
When Sarah was moved to a bed, the angels were hung right over it. When we changed homes 2 years ago, the angels had to be found, unpacked and hung that first night as she could not settle until she saw them above her.
The interesting thing is that Sarah is legally blind. She is terribly nearsighted. She has no depth perception. She does not wear any corrective lenses in bed. She cannot see anything in her day to day routine without her glasses or contacts in. And yet, she 'sees' her angels with her plain naked eyes.

Related Posts with Thumbnails