Sarah has a lot of things that I am supposed to do with her every day. Here's the list:
1. Two hours in her stander
2. 1/2 hour academics
3. Two hour-long rest periods with leg brace on
4. 1/2 hour computer time
5. 1/2 hour spine work---therapy ball, tummy time
6. Continually offer choices
There are the things she LIKES to do:
1. Take a stroller ride around the neighborhood
2. Watch her music DVDs in her rocking chair
3. Sit at the kitchen table with her book and listen to music
4. Go to the mall
5. Eat
6. Do errands in the car
This is all in addition to meals and a bath(which takes an hour).
It takes a lot of planning to do the 'should' list while still giving her things on the 'fun' list.
This does not include the days she has theraputic riding, doctor appointments, OT at school or the 2 days a week that I work. Those days it mostly all goes out the window.
I'm just saying.