Tuesday, August 19, 2008

A Long Day

Sarah had her botox/phenol injections today. I decided to do them to protect her back from scoliosis and to try and hold off a hamstring surgery.
It went very well. John came to help out. We were up at 4:30 am, out the door at 5 and at the hospital by 7. She was scheduled for 8:30 am, in recovery by 10 am and home by 1 pm. Whew!
She is pale and tired but doing OK so far. I had them give her tylenol in the OR for the leg discomfort and zofran for any nausea. She napped a bit and just had a little cereal and 1/2 of a banana.
The report on the hamstrings was that the right one was mildly tight and the left one was "TERRIBLE with capital letters". Uggh. The doc is not sure if the injections will be enough anymore but we will see how she responds. It usually takes a couple of weeks to see the results.
So that's it for now. I am beat.
Related Posts with Thumbnails