Friday, August 10, 2007

Heaven...our style, anyway


Well, I took a walk after supper with Sarah. She rode her bike and I helped her along. She chirped with delight as we made our way down winding lanes lined with little cape homes, white picket fences, roses, daisies, hydrangeas, day lillies, green lawns and driveways made out of shells. Across the yards whispered the sea breeze. From a distance we could children's voices as they played at the beach.
This is the kind of life I have always wanted for my daughter and myself after the boys were grown. A cottage by the ocean, the smell of the salt air, the sound of the foghorn, little streets for her to ride along, horseback riding lessons, schoolwork at home, a swing for her in the backyard and a soft, cozy bed to tuck her into at the end of the day. This is just right for us. Simple. Uncomplicated. Right.
Related Posts with Thumbnails