Friday, March 23, 2007

The last snow




We had the last snow(and practically only) of the year I am sure recently. I took some pictures for sentimental reasons as we are moving this summer. It was the last snow while living in this house. I have lived here 14 years-the longest I have ever lived in one place. I moved from PA to MA at the age of 2, from MA to VA at the age of 6, from VA to MA at the age of 12, from home to college, from college to NY, from NY to MA after Jimmy was born, and within MA a couple of times until I landed here when Jimmy was 8 and John was 4. And here we stayed. Best move I ever made. But now it's time for a new chapter. John heads off to college. I need a place where Sarah's bedroom is on the first floor. Priorities are shifting. I have to be sure wherever I move that Sarah is close to a horseback riding program. And I can get her into the house. And around the house.


But in the meantime I am coming to grips with the thought of leaving the place where the boys grew up, all the memories, all the events........so here's just a couple of pictures-one of the last snow, another of the wall on which I measured the growth of my 3 kids and their 3 cousins over 14 years and their handprints done 5 years ago. :sigh:
Related Posts with Thumbnails