My life is made up of circles. The beginning of every one of my circles started earlier in my life. Now as time goes along each of the circles completes itself. Here is one little example: Six of my growing-up years were spent living in Virginia with my father working in Washington, D.C. I've always wanted to return to the old neighborhood, look at the houses and see my old school. Many years went by. When I was a new mom I flew down to D.C. to visit my father with my little boy. Dad drove us around Washington with me nursing the baby in the back seat and we took in the sights, but didn't get the chance to see my old home in Virginia. Flash forward to present day--My little boy is now in college in Washington and I flew down for the first time to see him last month. Well, it just so happened he borrowed a car from a friend and drove me around Washington to see the sites.
Twenty years ago it was my father driving me and now it is my son......A Circle....and guess where else we went? That's right, to visit the old neighborhood that I hadn't seen in over 30 years. My son driving me around my childhood. Another Circle.